[BIP-000] Define Governance Process

Author(s): @DefiJesus

Discussions-to: [BIP-000] Define Governance Process Created: 13/08/2021

Simple Summary

Accept the Governance rules set forth on Gitbook

Abstract

This proposal sets forth a formal governance structure so that we guarantee everyones voice is equaly represented.

Motivation

The main objective of proposing a formal Buzzed Bear Hideout Improvement Proposal process is to remove any bias and to allow any community member to clearly know the steps needed to request changes/improvements.

Rationale

We decided to fork Index Coop’s Governance structure because it’s battle tested and me and @BuzzedMo work with it on a daily basis.

Copyright

Copyright and related rights waived via CC0.

Sentiment Check

• FOR
  • AGAINST

0 voters

EDIT: Vote now live on Snapshot

4 Likes

Sounds good to me, voted for!

3 Likes

Love it, battle tested dao governance process. Got my vote

3 Likes

Sounds good, better the devil you know ;

3 Likes

Sounds great. voted for.

3 Likes

I’ve taken some time to look through the BIP documents and feel confident in this process. I think it will help to prevent noisy proposals that have little chance of follow through. The clarity the template gives should also give everybody in the community a shared understanding of how the proposal actually works and how it benefits the Bears. Love it.

I have one question @DefiJesus for existing proposals. Will they need to be resubmitted following this guidance? I know you’re looking at proposing a fresh investment committee BIP so I’ll not bother with that one. I’ve a few others that might need to be revisited though.

6 Likes

Great idea, voted FOR.

3 Likes

Looks great. Voted for

2 Likes

Looks great to me, this definitely gets my vote

2 Likes

I voted against. My nonconformity is too nonconformist for your conforming.

Index Coop is the model. I think before we start fixing things that aren’t broken, lets just start and achieve some scale first.

2 Likes

ive voted as well. lets do this.

1 Like

Following the overwhelming positive intent signaliing I pushed this proposal into voting phase.

Snapshot Voting Webpage

I urge all bears to vote, the vote must remain open for 3 days according to the rules set forth in the Gitbook.

1 Like

Sounds good, have voted

1 Like