DCL Plot for bears only?

What’s up bears!! Idk how many of you are familiar with Decentraland, but there’s a feature to add custom buildings (I can help create these buildings) and then another feature that says you can’t enter unless you’re holding a certian NFT- a bear.
But why though?
To show off the art created by the bears!
I’m sure there are a lot of artists that are holding bears so maybe we use the space to show off fellow bear’s work and collections and maybe there is a room specifically set up for people that are open to collab with other artists.

To host giveaways!
Discord and twitter are cool and all but being in a building during giveaways seems like a cool idea. The plots have voice chat already so it would be live voice talks- and we can easily add music-preferably created by and for sale by other bears. With VR headsets becoming more relevant I can only imagine what types of environments and experiences we could create.

Live events!
Anyone of you create music or do live streams on youtube? We can host these events on our plot and stick a QR code tip jar on the wall to help the artist make some shmeckles! Not to mention the 4/20 party we could throw since we have so much time until then.

Totally open to other ideas for the plot but basically what I am proposing is I can help make the buildings and help set the plot up. What we do with it after that will be up to the buzzed community.

Everyone without a bear in their wallet is gonna have huge fomo watching from the sidewalk. And people blowing up our events on the DCL event board and on twitter will really help bring attention to this project. Plus showing off the utility as a “key” to a virtual place I think makes people think of these bears as something more than just a really cool JPEG.

Let me know what you think!! You can hit me up on twitter and I will DM you an example of a building idea I have. @AckapellaV2

Cheers!!!

14 Likes

I personally like the idea. Our community is based on 4/20 and having a space in the Metaverse would be mega. Like you said hosting giveaways and blazing sessions in there could be sick. I could even imagine some truly unique and trippy building/space designs that combined with the community getting buzzed in there, could make for a really unique experience.

In terms of execution we would probably need to have some discussion around how much land is needed. It’s a lot of money to get prime land but it could be beneficial.

5 Likes

Glad you agree! I know land IS expensive, but you can do a lot on 4 plots. It might not be great location but there are estates for sale with 4 plots for less than 10 eth. There is another topic talking about an investment group, I think the plot would be an awesome first investment.

3 Likes

I do love the idea! This would be :fire: aligned with the idea of buying other NFT and work as curated. We would buy emerging artist and project make some expositions and events and flip them with the hype.

4 Likes

Fucking love this. Imagine we build a brand so big that artists and projects are approaching us to showcase their works. I can see this being a solid income stream.

We need to think about land positioning though. What are the benefits to operating within Decentraland being that it’s more expensive? Is it more sensible to buy prime land elsewhere or regular spots on DCL?

3 Likes

Glad you think it’s cool!! I mean buying art as a collective and displaying it for sale for a profit, to split with the bear gang or to use for a lottery give away or support a charity that month would be awesome.

1 Like

Not sure honestly about the land positioning. I know in DCL you can make your own wearables and submit them to DCL devs for approval and then you can sell them. Bear gang wearables would be sick. Also I know for sure that I can make a building and put it in dcl with working colliders-I’m sure there are other options but as far as my knowledge right now that’s the one that I know for sure that all of these ideas are possible.

1 Like

Very good idea. How many bears use DCL? Common area for us specifically in DCL will be extremely unique as a community and something brag worthy on Twitter to draw in interest.

2 Likes

Could consider Sandbox instead since land prices remains relatively reasonable .v. DCL & Somnium.

Not sure how touchy their T&Cs would be re: a buzzed focused project but worth exploring.

2 Likes

I think that VR real estate is one of the metaverse areas our investment Committee should focus heavily on. 10 ETH might seem like a lot right now, but remember that Manhattan was once bought by the Dutch for a bunch of Venetian glass beads worth around ~$24. What will happen to Decentraland, Cryptovoxels, Sandbox and other land in 3, 5, 10 years? I’m bull… I mean bearish!

4 Likes

How large is decentraland’s player base? Is there a more effective way to get the word out there about BBH? 10 eth seems a bit pricey

2 Likes

Actual adoption is low on Decentraland. Buying Land there would be more of an investment in its future. If it takes off Land will be immensely expensive.

There are alternatives such as Sandbox and such that are cheaper but seem a bit more gamified to me.

2 Likes

I love this idea. Agree we are so early in the meta verse land so one day this will be worth a fortune and maybe in time if we build it build enough or buy big enough we may even be able to rent the land and generate yields as well as have a hang out place. I think the sandbox is a good idea if a bears game is a potential in the future as it does have that gaming focus. But I like both that and DCL.

2 Likes

So I’ve been doing some research and bought two parcels of land adjacent to each other in the sandbox near the new Atari area. The walking dead is coming to the sandbox Q1 2022 and there is a land release then. There is also some larger areas available. I can see major NfT like kongz and bored ape yacht club have massive large areas. There are only a few of the massive ones available in each area. There are a number of next size down that Atari smurfs Care Bears etc have got and pretty popular. Walking dead has a similar size. So there is only 166k plots ever to be available and it looks more than 75% sold. DCL had only 90k ever available. I do prefer sandbox coz it’s game focused ad opposed to DCL which is VR focused. There are a lot of hang out places in the sandbox at these clubs plus places like thr bitsquad. I think with the rise of gaming the sandbox would be a better option and this could be a future proofing concept in case the bears decide to bring out their own game to generate revenue. It would be cool to see the bears turned into voxel characters like cyber kongz did. So land prices in the sandbox are substantially cheaper than DCL. Floor is around .345 ok second hand market for a 1x1 but we could easily buy a large parcel as we would need it coz 1x1 supports about 64 people. But you can have private and public areas plus there are also businesses within the sandbox that are building hangout places for groups like ours. VoxelVentures in conjunction with LandVault are building a major place for BAYC atm. With DCL I didn’t see as many NFT clubs in there. The floor is closer to 1.2 eth for one parcel. Whilst there is less supply I think more people will go to the sandbox as there is still work to be done there like fluidity if walking around so once this happens ans land is all sold it will absolutely boom. Lavalabs second project was meebits which are voxel focused. Anyway my two cents coming from a property background i choose sandbox and I can see that we could still get a large parcel in the sandbox and to me this is the logical step and we should get in while prices are still cheap. They have gone up astronomical the past year but with further scarcity that will only increase as land availability decreases with further adoption. I think with the rise of gaming which will take us through bear markets along with nft I would be very keen on us securing a good plot in a good location while we still can.

5 Likes

This seems pretty cool. I’d support the bears buying some meta-land for hangouts, parties, meetings, exhibitions, and all other funky ideas we come up with!

Perhaps we can start a poll on this proposal, to see which land option is most popular amongst bears?

Four options I have come across are:

• Decentraland
  • Somnium Space
  • The SandBox
  • CryptoVoxels

Maybe some of these aren’t appropriate for whatever reason, let me know! Idk a great deal about them, just throwing out potential options for an opinion poll…

2 Likes

Very cool idea, I would vote for this

1 Like

So ok following from my comments in thr gov proposals in the gov section, sandbox land sales commence in 12 hours across 4 weeks. We have an opportunity yo buy direct and thr forth location is best near the walking dead. What could be better than a buzzed bear hideout next to the walking dead. Kinda same same right? So here is the medium link and attached map so check it out.

So thoughts for action - please add a vote to the original thread and maybe change title to metaverse land if possible to make it more generic so people are aware of the over arching concept.

Once a vote has occurred and consensus on an metaverse is chosen, we should defer to the decisions from the investment committee on how much and thrn source the locations. Sandbox is going live from September based on comments in their discord group so this land will start to boom (more than it is) so we need to get in early otherwise it will be DCL prices.

There are also members who have locations we may be able to purchase from or vis open seas. I have a property and business development background so happy to research and add value when it comes to strategy, location, planning etc just suggest we should get on this before others do as it’s already boomed a lot and continuing.

1 Like

Sorry I mean add a vote so people can choose between the 4 metaverse mentioned so we narrow it down to community choice, then we should put this proposal to BIP to purchase based on the agreed investment prooosal figures which will elect a couple of people to work on this together. I’m happy to help.

2 Likes

Yes, I like purchasing land in the metaverse, but Decentraland is the only one I’m familiar with. Would be excited about a plot in Decentraland for bears

1 Like

I think someone made a good point in gov proposals thread that maybe we should get exposure to the two big ones - sandbox and DCL. I see you can build which is awesome!

1 Like