Status: Draft Proposal Author(s): CryptoChicca
Created: 4 October 2021
Implementation (optional): Progress to BIP for implementation in November 2021, if draft supported. Voting and discussion herein - 1 week.
Give your bear a name, not just a number, which will display on OpenSea.
This proposal is to allow you to give your bear a name. The name would appear on OpenSea. A buyer of any bear would be able to rename or keep the name chosen.
I will leave the vote open for 1 week, and then round back.
Thanks for the voting, it appears there is support to name bears. I am taking into account feedback herein and adding some more vote options around time / cost that we need to consider before going to BIP. In comparison, Street Dawgz have an unended name changing process whereas Pixelglyphs have a once off name change. According to @DefiJesus there is a small cost to name changes so a naming ceremony once off is fine, but continual changes would add up so we need to decide on this. If we have continual we would need to cap change frequency or request bears to pay gas to change it again. There are benefits to having a once off, as it could promote people to buy bears as has been said, but also there are benefits to having the option to change your name, say if you are new and you buy a bear and really like the bear but not the name and want to change it. I wanna hear what you all think, so I’ve put voting options below for you to comment please.
- Once as part of a naming ceremony (could be a 3 day window to action)
- Once for each unique bear regardless of when you do this
- More than once - once free in a naming ceremony and thereafter cost for name changing to be paid for by the honey pot but limited to 6 monthly intervals
- More than once - once free as part of the name change ceremony and then a bear holder must pay gas for any name change request that falls after that date
Some of you may wish to name your bear, and create more of a personal experience. Creating a bond / attachment with your bear through not just a picture, but a name, will make it harder for people to let go of their bear, because it becomes part of their personality. This is also unique and something we can do for free to give benefit to bears, coz we are unique and like to do things different to the main pack.
Defijesus can make this happen
The reasons for this proposal are :
- Promoting the Buzzed Bear Hideout brand
- Providing extraneous benefits to Buzzed Bear holders
- More growth means more revenue for Buzzed Bears
If you don’t want to name your bear, you can just leave it with a number. This would be a choice. So those that wish to proceed can, and those that don’t want to, don’t have to.
Defijesus can make this happen, thank you.
GoonsNFT are just releasing this naming concept with good feedback.
Copyright and related rights waived via CC0.