I did a quick look with the api (although it wouldn’t let me scroll through the whole dataset) and the average for projects with over 500ETh volume was coming out just over 5%. If its useful and I have time, I can see if there is a better way to collect the data although I get the feeling its still going to sit at the 5% mark.
Is this proposal ready for snapshot?
I think this is a great idea. Moves like this early on can help maintain momentum imo
I think this is a really good point. The skills knowledge experience and dedication are invaluable and we wouldn’t get to where we need without recognising this.
4% to DAO and 1% to team seems like a no brainer to me after reading the latest comments on here. Overall fees shouldn’t be raised above 7.5% IMHO. This would leave us a nice 2.5% increase to allocate at a later stage to the team for their good work. I feel like this could go up for a vote soon.
I think 4% / 1% is good, too.
I wish I had just put the overall percent in the poll. I think we should vote on the total percent with the same ratio initially. The ratio is another decision entirely and somewhat overcomplicates this initial proposal.
Would love to see this go to snapshot. The vote could give different % tiers to vote for (%5, %7.5, or %10). Personally in favor of %10 royalties, %8 DAO, 2% team.
These early days are so pivotal, I would love to see our DAO strengthened.
We should focus on rising the floor prices of the bears and more turnover as this translates into more royalties flowing into the honeypot (not by buying up the floor, but by making good DAO decisions and quickly executing on them). A lot of comments are about how can I stake my bears. It is still not clear to me how this will happen and what timeline there is for that. This should be clearly laid out and once that news gets out, together with the activity of the curators, prices will start to go up imo. Then the discussion about percentages will seem trivial. Although I favor maximum 5%.
It is a trivial decision, still waiting for this to go to snapshot b/c seems like most are in favor. I agree this is not what we should be focusing our time on but it seems like an easy way to get Honeypot growth without much effort. Other proposals down the line are much more crucial
Worth considering and debating but too soon to make changes.
Lets focus on DAO value, bear sales, etc and deal with increasing fees once there is something of substance to increase it around.
If there was an option for 5% with 4:1 split, I would vote for that.
@drmsxmchns.eth seems like it’s time for the formal proposal
+1 for 4 and 1 split
I agree, this should probably be ok to put to an official vote.
Agree I’m ready to vote
I don’t own, but fVckrender crystals are %10 royalties
I think so. I believe that an admin has to submit. Either that or I haven’t secured enough “cred” on the website yet to post in proposals.
20 character limit
Submitted formal proposal